Thursday, January 28, 2010

Home with baby boy!

So I go to drop Blayne off at daycare today, which he only goes to two days a week. The first thing I find out is that his normal teacher is home with the stomach bug. Great, I thought! This means there is strong possibility she got it from working here. I really didn't want to leave him, but I did. 45 minutes later, I get the phone call..."Blayne has thrown up. You'll have to come get him". URGH!!

Since we already had an appointment today for his 9 month wellness visit, I wasn't too worried about getting him to the doctor. I get there to pick him up, and come to find out he only threw up once. Recently, we have learned he has a sensitive gag reflex as we have been trying chunkier foods. AND...he does puke alot when this happens. Sorry if this is gross. The director said it stunk though. I bit my tongue b/c I knew I had to take him regardless. It is just the sick policy places have even at church. Let me tell you though, the boy had yogurt this morning, and anytime he eats this....even his burps want to make me gag b/c of the smell! Of course his puke is going to stink...it's digested food and stomach acid! WHATEVER!

I took him with me to do one errand for work and then home until his appt. Before we could even get out of the parking lot, the child was gabbing and laughing! He ain't sick!

I'll just chalk this one up as a little blessing from God for me to be at home with my son on a day I really didn't feel like leaving him. Thank you God for this extra time him (and a good nap)!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

yeah puke is puke.... and puke stinks. its all very complicated! ha ha
we've got one of those "casual pukers" at our house